First thing Wednesday morning, I will be traveling North for Hood to Coast thanks to Nuun Hydration!
First, I will be flying to Seattle to prep with all my teammates and visit Nuun headquarters. I’m pretty excited to meet these incredible women I have been getting to know virtually over the past few months.
The actual hood to coast race is Friday to Saturday.I am in the lineup as runner number 6 on team lemonade. Here’s a little more info on each of my three runs.
1. 6.75 miles. Classified as difficult. This run is estimated to start around 5:15pm
2. 5.23 miles. Classified as difficult. This will take place overnight, around 3:30am.
3. 5.35 miles. Classified as moderate. My last run will be at approximately 12:30pm.
I am both nervous and excited, just like before any race. I love that a relay comes with a team — something I have missed a bit since running and triathlon are usually individual events.
I think I have everything I need packed in my bags, but I always feel like I’m forgetting something when I travel, so this is no different. I guess we will just have to see what happens! I’m guessing that no matter what, I will have an amazing time! I’ll be sure to tell you all the details when I get back!!
If you are interested in following along on my Hood to Coast adventures, follow me:
On twitter: @KristenL_DYL (#nuunhtc #teamlemonade)
On Instagram: kmelli
Relays usually promise a really terrific time. And if you forget something, there's a pretty good chance that one of the other women will have exactly what you need! 🙂 Three essentials not to forget:
1. Clean undies (because no one wants to share those)
2. Body Glide (because, as my mentor is fond of yelling “EVERYONE GETS A BODY GLIDE. We DO NOT share Body Glide!”
3. Compression socks or sleeves (because no one is gonna want to share theirs with you after 24 hours!).
HAVE FUN! =)
Have a great time! I am doing Ragnar in Napa next month but Hood to Coast would be a dream. You will have a blast!
How was it? Hope you're having a great time! 🙂
Eagerly awaiting your recap! 🙂